Monday, July 26, 2021

Adding Octoprint to Home Assistant

I still 3D print - home automation took over some of my time. It's still relevant to 3D printing though.

The useful links to my 3D Printing-related Home Assistant posts

Home Assistant Controlling Octoprint through MQTT - Chapter 1 

Home Assistant Controlling Octoprint through MQTT - Chapter 2 

Adding controls for the smart plug - also shows the dashboard

The benefits are nice - I can turn on the two printers, start the connection from Octoprint, preheat the nozzle, extrude, retract...my printers don't have LCD screens or manual controls.

The costs are not that much - a Raspberry Pi 3+ for Home Assistant, a 2.5 Amp plug for the Pi, and the Kasa Smart Plug if you go that route. Mostly time to get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment